Toll Free: 1.855.778.5055
1901 Broad Ripple Ave
Indianapolis, Indiana 46220
Immediately out of law school, Bridget worked for a consumer protection agency for the State of Florida. After moving back to the Midwest, she then began working for a large insurance company. After opening her own firm, she started receiving insurance claim denials that were mostly governed by ERISA (because most people get their insurance coverage through their employer). It was apparent at that time that this area of law was heavily slanted in favor of the insurance companies.
Bridget enjoys helping individuals who are in a very precarious position, especially with disability claims: their health is failing, they have lost their job, they have lost their income and the insurance company refuses to live up to the agreement they made to provide income replacement benefits when someone becomes ill or injured. The insurance companies are aggressive in denying these claims so it is rewarding to represent individuals who are generally at a disadvantage against these large insurance companies.
Bridget was born in Kittery, Maine. Her parents are originally from Michigan but because her father was in the Navy and stationed on the first nuclear powered submarine, the Nautilus, they ended up on the east coast. Her family later moved back to Kalamazoo, Michigan, where she grew up.
Bridget attended Michigan State University and later graduated from Florida State University College of Law. After law school, Bridget moved back to the Midwest because of family. Bridget and her family live in Broad Ripple and spend lots of time biking and walking the Monon to Carmel and downtown Indianapolis. In her free time, Bridget enjoys being outdoors: walking, biking, rollerblading, and kayaking. She also loves traveling, yoga, and trying new dining spots.
J.D., Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
With Honors: Book Award: Constitutional Law
B.A., Michigan State University
Major: Business Administration
U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
American Association for Justice
Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
Indiana Federal Community Defenders
Board of Directors
Local Rules Advisory Committee Member, United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- ISBA Employment, Labor and Benefits Law Section, Nov. 12, 2014
- Employee Benefits Litigation, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, June 5, 2014
- The Impact of Surveillance and Social Media on Disability Claims, 39th Annual
- American Bar Association TIPS Mid-Winter Conference, January 18, 2014
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Revisited, 38th Annual ABA TIPS Midwinter Benefits Seminar, January 15, 2012
- Judicial Review of Administrative Claims Decisions, ISBA ERISA Seminar, December 15, 2011
- Recent Developments in ERISA Litigation, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, February 17, 2011
- ERISA Benefit Claims Litigation, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, October 1, 2009
- Getting Medical Bills Paid Under ERISA, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association Conference, April 17, 2008
- Bad Faith in Disability Claims, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, February 23, 2006
- Disability Benefits Under ERISA, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association's Annual Institute, November 3, 2005
- Appealing Adverse Employee Benefit Decisions, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, March 29, 2005
- Appealing Adverse Benefit Decisions Under ERISA, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, March 24, 2005
- ERISA Litigation Update, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, February 24, 2002